Connecting Your EMR
If you are looking for information on how to connect your EMR to Keet please see here!
This article will help you complete your setup so you and your clinic are ready for success. Some of these items may have been completed by the Keet Implementation Team, please audit the account to ensure all information is true.
Organization Information such as Account ID, Group NPI, Tax ID, Company website, and Primary Address will need to be entered at the Organization Level. (This is your primary organization information)
It is required for all accounts to enter the Organization Identifiers, including the EMR Name and ID, GROUP NPI (npi-group), and TAX ID (tid-us) to inform Keet of your account's unique identifiers for your clinic.
If you do not have an established connection to your Keet account from your clinic's Electronic Medical Record, select emr-other from the Identifier dropdown and enter your EMR account ID in the open text field to the right of the drop down. Your EMR account ID will be your Company ID or your Account ID with your EMR.
Information regarding specific clinics will be entered at the Location level such as location address, telephone number, and time zone. Customizing patient email content for the clinic such as Social Review Website Link, Google Maps, Patient Website Forms, and Consent Forms can be added here to deliver specific content for the specific place of service.
Keet offers standard connections with select EMR vendors. If you have an established connection, review this section for steps to ensure all EMR Identifiers are in place to properly connect Keet with your EMR.
If you do not have an established connection from your EMR to Keet, these identifiers are still required for Outcomes Reporting and MIPS participation.
Each Identifier captures data to further identify a specific injury or case data, associate patients with their treating Practitioner, populate Outcomes data, informs MIPS eligibility, and creates new patients within Keet via the integration. The integration is the connection to Keet from your Electronic Medical Record (EMR) System.
If your organization does not have an established connection with an EMR to Keet, these IDs are still required.
Click through each unique External ID or EMR Identifier section.
OrganizationThe Organization External ID identifies the Account ID
- Go To Admin Settings
- Status > Edit Organization Info
The Location External ID identifies Clinic Location(s)
- If No EMR Connection:
- Start with the number 1 and additional locations in numeric order.
- Other EMR: Use ID from EMR database
- The Clinic Location ID is needed for the Practitioner and Patient to be associated with the correct place of service
- Admin Setting > Status > Edit Locations
- Select ... Edit to review the Location Profile
- The Practitioner ID identifies the provider serving patients
- The Practitioner ID is needed to associate the patient with their Provider
- IF No EMR Connection:
- Use provider unique NPI
- Other EMR: Use IDs from EMR database
- Select Practitioner > Edit
- The Patient Identifier identifies the Patient ID or Client ID from your EMR.
- If this ID is missing the patient will not create in Keet
- Select Patient > Patient Profile > Edit
- If No EMR connection: Use the patient MRN (medical record number)
Episode of Care
- The Episode of Care Identifier ID identifies the patient's Case or Region of Injury
- Select Patient > Select Edit in the Episode of Care
- This ID will auto-populate from your appointment information in the EMR
- In Clinicient the EMR ID for the Episode of Care will identify the patient's "Problem ID" or Case ID.
- This ID field may differ per EMR source. Please consult with your EMR to identify the patient case or use the patient's medical record number (MRN).